05 Jan True Strength Retreat
True Strength Retreat w/ Lorraine Conwell
1-8 July 2020
I am beyond excited to announce and open bookings for my 2020 True Strength Retreat. This retreat is a week of discovery where we will support and encourage each other to find our true strength. In organising and hosting these retreats for three years now I have seen the most beneficial part is when our attendees step out of their comfort zone and in overcoming their doubts come through the other side realising their potential and true strength! My yoga practice and fitness journey has been a forerunner in my emotional growth, self confidence and belief in what I can accomplish. That is why I have jumped through many hoops, trialed and tested many coaches, and taken all requests on board, in creating the ultimate all-round duo retreat with Lorainne Conwell AKA Loz!
Welcome to my very first yoga and workout retreat! If you follow me online you’ll have been witness to how much I love to challenge not only myself, but encourage my partner and friends to push themselves both physically and mentally within workouts I create. I have met my match in Lorraine. She is seriously badass, tough, encouraging, and always creates a workout that has you leave bursting with pride! I first came across Lorraine at her weekly sweat classes at Perpetua gym (where, if you haven’t already, need to try out her workouts) and since have been hooked on her energy and unparalleled motivational vibes. Myself and Lorraine share a lot of core values that I see as central to the success of my retreats :
- It is in showing up for the journey toward the goal that the fruits of effort can be truly tasted
- It is in challenge and outside comfort where we can shed limitations we put on ourselves
- It is in the mental strength you gain from realising your physical strength that long-lasting changes can be made
- It is when you share challenge with a supportive network or community that we get to create FUN and MEMORIES that no one can take from us
This retreat is catered to all levels of yoga and fitness. Myself and Lorraine want to share a week of adventure where we not only get to experience our physical strength on new levels but acknowledge also the courage it takes to perhaps do something that is totally new and unexplored. Partaking in a week of movement with new people, in an unknown place, could seem slightly daunting – but it is when something is difficult that we get to really test ourselves and feel growth ten fold. It is when we are at our most vulnerable that we get the opportunity to see who we really are and even show others who we really are! Our goal in this as your leaders and hosts is to guide and encourage you in those moments of challenge to harness our light and most profound strength….. and then hit the beach!
A lot of us including myself try to begin healthy habits and get disheartened when the benefits we seek do not overwhelm us immediately. This week away is your chance to remind yourself that it is in the journey that the fruits of your efforts are truly felt.
There’s a great quote from 19th century social reformer, Jacob Riis, that I often think of on days where I want to give up.
When nothing seems to help, I go and look at the stonecutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps 100 times without so much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone on before.
Sometimes, we get frustrated because we’ve been trying to get a breakthrough in a certain area of life, but we don’t seem to be making any progress.
Remember the stonecutter and keep hammering away.
Sometimes, we feel inadequate because we see the abilities of others and don’t think that we can ever reach their standard of excellence.
But what we see is the end product of years of hard work and practice.
So don’t get demoralised, but remember the stonecutter and keep hammering away.
Sometimes, we look at life and wish that it was easier. If only we got every job that we applied for, made a sale with every pitch, got the answer we were looking for with every question we asked or lost weight every time we went to the gym.
It doesn’t work like that.
Remember the stonecutter and keep hammering away.
Success doesn’t come to those who try to break the rock and give up after one or two attempts.
It comes to those who keep going until they finally get the breakthrough that they were after.
So remember the stonecutter and keep hammering away!
Tiered Pricing :
1st three bookings : €999
2nd three bookings €1099
Remaining bookings €1125
All pricing includes:
- 7 nights accommodation based on two sharing
- Breakfast and lunch each day
- Hiking excursion
- 1 yoga class per day
- 1 workout per day
- Transfers to and from airport*
All you need to do is book your flights! To secure your space email me at email@example.com and we will arrange for your deposit to be paid. Remainder of the tuition is to be paid (either in installments or in bulk) by June 1st 2020.
*Transfers to and from airport are only included if you are on the recommended flights or are available for pick up at the specified arrival times.
What is not included :
Flights to Crete
Hiking and Activities.
Crete, especially the West of the island, is a walker’s paradise. It has the unique combination of beautiful seas and high mountains. During our week together we will take advantage of this surrounding nature and share a challenging walking experience. For myself and my retreat attendees these hikes have been a massive highlight of the week shared. Surrounded by breathtaking views we motivate each other to climb inclines and cover stretches of Cretan coast lines. Hiking is a brilliant way to achieve that sense of accomplishment and is always an organic way to get those in the group. Not only will there be an organised hiking adventure but we will offer free bikes so that you can explore the south coast of Crete with endless undiscovered beach to find. If you are looking to treat yourself to some more pampering-style activities (which will be well deserved after your daily physical excursion) there is a local nail salon and we have a private masseuse on hand at only €30 per hour!
Loz comes from a competitive GAA background which ultimately led her to her love for lifting weights. What stands out in Lorraine’s classes is how she holds each of her clients to their personal best and guides you each step of the way in accomplishing a high quality workout. They are fun, challenging and of course sweaty AF! Her Crossfit and strength training background means that she will be able to cater classes to increase your strength no matter what level you are starting from. Incorporating beach sprints, weight lifting, high intensity drills and circuit training there will be no stone unturned when it comes to our daily workout!
My Teaching Style
Well, here I am! I have been practising yoga for nearly 10 years and over five years ago I took the leap leaving home for the east coast of Mexico, to complete my 200-hour YTT. Since then I have been exploring the kind of teacher I am passionate about being and what exactly I intend to share with those I am lucky enough to connect with. I am certified as a Vinyasa, Yin and Hatha yoga instructor and recently undertook the most intense month long training, under the awe inspiring Dylan Werner. In completing my 300 hour training Dylan demonstrated the kind of service I dream of sharing with each of you, where he transformed both my practice, teaching and self belief. I now am on a journey toward becoming the teacher I feel I was destined to become and just cannot wait to share my knowledge with you all. I have designed our classes for this retreat so that not only will your yoga practice be transformed but with an incorporation of mobility and strength drills, you will notice your abilities within Lorraine’s workouts surpass all previous efforts.
Aris, unlike other hotels, is called an “art hotel” for good reason. In the outside and inside spaces of the hotel, there is an open gallery of excellent handmade art items, made by the artists of the family. Apart from the art items, the architecture of the hotel – for both the building and the lush gardens – compliments the art profile of aris hotel. Every year many of our beloved guests say how stunned they are by our magnificent hotel gardens.
COMMON RETREAT QUESTIONS
- What is the food offered?The food is traditional Cretan food mostly. Breakfast is a gorgeous buffet style breakfast which offers fresh local food such as greek yoghurt, fruits, nuts, cereals, eggs, breads, spreads, cheese etc. Our lunch everyday is served in a new restaurant and we cater to all dietary requirements – meat eaters, vegetarians, vegan, gluten free, allergies etc. Dinner is not included.
- Can you have a room to yourself?Yes this is of course an option at an extra charge. But even though it can be arranged at no inconvenience, I always encourage people to share. From previous retreats the people who share (which is 80% of attendees) mingle way better with the group and nearly always leaves with a true friend!
- What are the amenities like in the hotel?The hotel is a beautiful family run business. Rooms are cleaned daily. Free bike rental provided. 24 hour reception.
- Do you have to attend all the classes?Everything on the retreat is optional. Yoga twice a day combined with hiking can be exhausting. This retreat is meant to be a relaxing and re-energising break for you so you are always welcome to skip classes when you feel you need a rest.
- Do I need to bring a yoga mat?Yes we do not provide mats on the retreat. We have yoga props such as blocks and straps but you will have to bring your own mat.
- Must I be an experienced hiker?Yes and no! The hike is never advanced but it is a full day of walking therefore I would advise if you don’t enjoy walking you take that day to chill and get a massage! You will need to bring hiking boots to protect your ankles on unstable surfaces.
By day seven, I hope to have created an environment where you can embrace yourself and feel comfortable. You can make this retreat anything you need it to be – simply jump into the unknown with an open heart!
***Please note you must have proof of fully comprehensive travel insurance to attend the retreat. See Terms & Conditions below.
Any further questions please don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be carefully read all policies as outlined here